"Our Hope For A Brighter Future!"
At Larry's boys School Program, we are focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of youth growth satisfaction & we will do everything we can to meet your youth expectations.
The Larry's boys School Program is an agency providing Community High-Risk Youth Mentoring Research Project Initiative. Our program supports the implementation and delivery of transitional/reentry services that include one-to-one, group, Community Historic Preservation and peer mentoring services to offenders who are young fathers. We address hunger, nutrition center project, youth land and the economic needs of low-income individuals and families through the creation of employment and business opportunities in low-income communities.
Our project makes high quality, cost effective, training and technical assistance resources available to youth. By the following:
1. Developing and implementing activities in families and communities that prevent children’s initial and repeated exposure to violence.
2. Advancing scientific inquiry on the causes and characteristics of childhood exposure to violence and supporting education and outreach efforts to improve understanding.
3. Improving systems and services that identify and assist youth and families who have been impacted by violence to reduce trauma, build resilience, and promote healing.
Our program has form partnerships with Nate Comic Inc., West Suburban Community Development Corp., Miracle Revival Center, local school districts and the juvenile court system. Nate Comic Inc. goal is to provide Job-training, Job readiness and to foster a commitment to young people that will promote pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, jobs, and reassert a sense of hope in the future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of individual responsibility be reestablished that will give youth the commitment to follow through on path to adulthood with a sense of pride and accomplishment. Our program provides training and technical assistance to improve state responses to child and youth victims and their families and caregivers. The award recipient will assist participating state demonstration sites in establishing a network of stakeholders, designing and implementing a gap analysis/needs assessment, and develop a strategy to identify, intervene, and treat child and youth victims across systems.
Through repeated failures in the classroom and the development of destructive habits, at-risk young people have lost faith in the possibilities that await them if they are successful in putting their lives together. To accomplish this goal, young people must be in a caring, inclusive learning environment that promotes their best effort and reinforces personal respect.
Our program that is in direct response to the growing number of young people that are either falling through the cracks at school or are already entangled with the juvenile court system. The goal of the program is to identify youths who are going to have a turbulent transition to adulthood and offer positive support system to avoid the pitfalls that can derail their lives. We are providing Job-training, Job program, Job workshop and opportunities for youth (15-18) and adults (19-24). The focus is slightly different at each level but the goal remains the same; empower the young person to make positive changes in his/her life.
We are networking all businesses in Job placement and or interim placement. Our Job-training program will create a learning environment that will be an invaluable resource to young people, aspiring mentors and the community at large.
We sincerely appreciate your help, your support and any other support you may provide.
Again, thank you for your support.
"Let's create a better community for our youth and young adults!”
What sets us apart from our competition.
The Larry's Boys School is a multi-service community - based program. It is located within the heart of Maywood, Illinois. because of our location, we project a greater percentage of assistance with our youth.
Our mission statement, information:
The mission of Larry’s Boys School Program is the pursuit of the following principles:
• Commitment: Larry’s Boys School Program wants to inspire pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and instill a sense of hope in the future.
• Responsibility: The focus of Larry’s Boys School Program is to empower youth in establishing goals and following through on commitments.
• Possibility: Larry’s Boys School Program wants to expand the perspective of young people to make them aware of life's possibilities.
• Support: An individual is dramatically influenced by their support system. Larry’s Boys School Program wants to surround young people in a caring, inclusive learning environment.
Keys to Success
• Establish a strong network of support with the unemployment office and school systems and the juvenile court system.
• Launch a series of fundraising activities that will successfully fund the expanding program.
• Establish an effective training program for mentors that will increase their ability to be successful communicators.
• Establish an effective monitoring system to protect both the youth and the mentor.